Monday, February 28, 2005

Rich and Famous

It isn't necessary to be rich and famous to be happy. It's only necessary to be rich.
Alan Alda (1936 - )


Well, I watched the Oscars last night, of course. But, before the Oscars can begin, we must have about 4 hours of pregame Countdown to Oscars. For this, you now have the option of watching Joan and Melissa Rivers on the TV Guide channel or Star Jones-Reynolds and Kathy Griffin on E!. Hmm....what a choice! You can either watch Joan in her dress straight out of the 80s and her daughter who would not stop pushing those little glider pens and the text message polls. Or you can watch Kathy Griffin (who would win hands down in the most annoying voice category) and Star Jones-Reynold try to catch the eye of everyone coming down the red carpet. Joan with her horrible sex jokes or Kathy who pretended to be just getting off the cell phone everytime the camera cut to her. Can you tell I watched them both? That previous channel button came in handy.

And the dresses! Apparently, every designer in Hollywood has gone with the
mermaid dress look. You know what I mean. The dress is form-fitting until the knee or just below where is flows out in several extra yards of fabric. Very few women avoided the mermaid dress. On some it looks good. On others, they forgot to ask if it made their hips/butt look big. Of course, there were a few that I loved. I thought that Kate Winslet's dress was gorgeous. I also liked Virginia Madsen's dress and Kirsten Dunst's dress (and I thought that it was so cute that she brought her brother).

What did I not like, you ask?
Laura Linney, Sean Combs (I just don't think that fabric looks right for a tux), and Melanie Griffin (I especially like the part in the back that comes up so that her butt crack doesn't show).

Thus ends my Ocsar rant. Can't wait for the shows that criticize critique everyone's dresses and tuxes. I think it's on tonight!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I thought everyone looked pretty good this year. Melanie Griffth is so scary the amount of plastic surgery she has had!

Unknown said...

I dvr'd it, but didn't watch. I did look at all the galleries the next day. I think Kate Winslet was one of the best dressed. Hated Hillary Swank's dress.

I love that stuff ;-). My husband thinks I'm a dork. I asked friends get me a subscription to Poeple magazine for my birthday. Ha!