Tuesday, February 22, 2005

A Job I Like

Find a job you like and you add five days to every week.
H. Jackson Brown, Jr.


I've been very busy at work today. But, I think that I've gotten everything accomplished that was on my to-do list this morning. Or at least most of it. There was a lot on the list. The rest of the week should go pretty smoothly. My boss is out of town for the rest of the week, so I'll catch up on reading a few blogs and message boards. Post some comments and post to my blog. I still have a few things that need to get done, but when my boss is gone, our office is very quiet. Only a few people coming quickly in and out to get coffee.

I'm going to have a hard time giving notice. My stomach ties up in knots just thinking about it. Ugh. I know that they hired me hoping that I would stay on for at least a few years. Now I'm leaving after 6 months. But, I don't have a choice. My husband got a job that was too good to pass up. They will understand that I have to do what's best for my family, but I know they'll still be disappointed.

On a happier note, my husband comes home tonight. It's only been a couple of days since I've seen him, but I've missed him.

My daughter has been a little pill. :) She's like that sometimes. Last night we had macaroni for dinner because I'm a pasta freak and could eat pasta for 5 meals a day every day. We had elbow-roni with a little butter and cheese...mmm....but I digress. My daughter likes this meal as well.

We were eating at the table because she now refuses to sit in her high chair. She just stands up. Since she's not much of an eater anyway, anything that will distract her away from a meal has to go. Therefore, she sits in a chair next to me. I'm going to buy her a booster seat this weekend, but for now, she sits on a couple of phone books in the chair. Or, at my parents' house, on a big dictionary. It makes her the perfect height.

Anyway, back to the macaroni. She also feels the need to put salt and pepper on any food she is eating. This has been going on for a couple of months now. She sees my husband and I salt and pepper our food, and she has to do the same thing. And she has to do it. I can't put on just a little. So, last night, she wanted a little pepper. But, it apparently wasn't coming out fast enough. You know the part on the inside (after you screw the lid off), the little clear plastic thing that sifts the spices out? That was in the way. Using her teeth (her usual manner of prying), she took that part off and dumped almost an entire bottle of course black pepper into her food. Now, really, what can you say to that? She started sneezing, and I took the bowl away to dump it out. Then, she got mad! I don't know if she was planning on eating it or what, but she was hacked off when I took it away. And, she was still mad after I gave her more food. That wasn't good enough. Probably because it didn't have any salt and pepper on it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes, toddler logic! Gotta love it. I'm so glad you mentioned phone books though because I totally forgot about them. My daughter has been sitting at the table for a few months now and she's always way too low because we don't have a booster seat. Why didn't I think of phone books? All I can say is, DUH!

Elise