Monday, February 21, 2005

My Best Friend

It's always good to marry your best friend.
Marie Curie (advice to her daughters)

My husband had to go back to work yesterday. He's going to be working the night shift, so I can't even count on a call when I get home at work every night. That's okay. He'll be home Wednesday, so my daughter and I are, once again, staying with my parents.

My husband and I went shopping this weekend for our little girl who is quickly outgrowing all of her clothes. Must be a growth spurt or something. Imagine that, an 18-month old having a growth spurt. I hope you can spot the sarcasm because I'm laying it on pretty thick. She got some new clothes for spring and summer and to transition from now until then. And she got shoes. Four pairs of shoes. We needed sandals and tennis shoes. And there was this little pair of boots. They were too cute to pass up. And I'm not the kind to overlook a buy-one-get-one-half-off sale, so I bought another pair of boots for next fall. They're way to big now, but they won't be then.

Speaking of the little tyke, she didn't fight me when she went to bed last night, and she didn't cry when I left her at daycare this morning. She's up to something.

No comments: