Monday, June 25, 2007

This is my 300th Post

At least that's what Blogger says. LOL

I have to tell you about my successful shopping trip yesterday. I had $225 from my birthday, and Hubby said that I had to spend it all on myself since I never spend any money on myself (or so he says).

So, for my $225, I got:
7 shirts (wearable for work)
1 pair of slacks
1 pair of jeans
1 skirt
1 black dress (once I tried it on, I had to have it)
a purse
and 4 pairs of shoes.

I was pretty proud of myself. And my recent 9 pound weight loss (of which I've gained back 3 pounds or so -- grrrr) meant that I actually fit pretty well in a lot of them. It was the first time in a long time that I liked trying on clothes rather than just going -- well, it fits well enough. Maybe I should have gone swimsuit shopping. LOL But, I think that would have been pushing my luck.

I saw my doctor this morning, and after a discussion of anti-depressants as well as my symptoms (classic depression symptoms), she put me on Effexor. I hope it works well for me. She gave me some samples, and I go back to see her in a month to see how I'm doing.

3 comments:

learp17 said...

That is awesome about the new clothes! It's always good to have nice things that fit even if you're not quite the weight you want to be. That's where I am now too - I bought some things I will enjoy wearing while I'm still a few sizes larger than I'd prefer to be, and if I lose the weight I'll get new things then.

Also good luck with the medication. I've been depressed several times in my life too and I know that horrible feeling. I went on meds twice before and they helped a lot. Hopefully as you said I won't have to revisit that again either, but it's good to know if I do, there are options. Hugs!

Unknown said...

Wow!!! Awesome shopping job!!

Congrats on 300!

I hope the Effexor is working for you. I know how it feels, believe me and I hope you are doing better!

Kirsten said...

such deals! I hope the meds work. I am a wellbutrin girl myself and I know how hard it can be.