Saturday, June 09, 2007

My Shy Girl....

is starting to come out of her shell a little. This is requiring a lot more of me than I expected. I have to smile and make polite conversation as well to show her that is what is "expected." I'm trying to show her by example, but this forces me to push my own comfort levels. However, seeing her playing with other children at the playground (including a trip to Burger King that was extended to over an hour because she and another little girl were having such a good time). She seems more relaxed and will introduce herself and be friendly. She even has begun shaking hands with adults at church during the times when people are supposed to. So, progress is being made. She is very proud of herself and is always excited to tell me about it. I hope she has some great kids in her pre-school class this fall.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds like she is doing so well. And so are you - way to go mom!!

learp17 said...

That is awesome! I know how hard it is to have to come out of your own shell in order to help the little girl come out of hers, so that is really great. You are doing such a good thing for her!