Monday, April 30, 2007

We've hit....

the monster stage. I figured we'd eventually get there. Miss Priss has a tendency to be very scared and nervous as it is. Now she's afraid of monsters. The other night, she got up in the middle of the night, came in with me and asked, "Mommy, are there monsters?"
I told her no, that they aren't real. She said that she had "told herself a story in her head with her eyes closed" (I guess that's Miss Priss-speak for dreaming) that monsters were trying to kill her. That freaked me out a little bit. I can see monsters trying to get her, etc, but she said the were trying to "kill" her.
She doesn't watch any violent TV or anything (even if she probably watches too much, it's Noggin or Nick Jr.). I'm scared of monsters movies myself, so I know she's not seeing those. LOL I wonder if she's catching commercials from horror flicks on the shows we do watch when she's around (sitcoms and stuff -- nothing that would cause any alarm).

I hope this phase passes quickly. I had the hardest time getting her to walk into our apartment the other day because she "saw a shadow." I was carrying Baby Boo and 3 bags, and she stopped right in front of me and wouldn't move. I had to make her wave to her shadow to show her it was the way the sun was coming in and that it was her shadow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

some kid at Noah's preschool put the idea of monsters into his head and he went throught he same thing a few weeks ago!!! Its sooo annoying and he didn't know to be scared of anything until then... he in turn put the idea in his sisters head and now she's scared of everything b/c its a "monster"!!! We keep stressing that monsters are just pretend and there is nothing to worry about b/c mommy and daddy will protect you!!! ARRGGG...sometimes I want to wring other kids' necks!!! xo lyns