Friday, April 27, 2007

Potty Training Already?

Oh, he!! no! LOL

Miss Priss went to the bathroom the other day, and Baby Boo followed her in (don't ask -- Baby Boo has a fascination with bathrooms). When Miss Priss was done, Baby Boo walked over and was backing up toward the toilet (the same backing up she does when I'm sitting on the floor and she's trying to sit in my lap). Miss Priss, without missing a beat, pulls her potty chair out from underneath the sink and puts it down in front of Baby Boo. She then turned to me and said, "Mommy, Baby Boo needs to go potty on my potty chair. I'm letting her borrow it."

O-kay. So, Baby Boo goes to the potty chair, lifts the lid, sits down (fully clothed), stands up, puts the lid down, lifts the lid back up, sits down, stands up, you get the idea. Over and over and over again for about 5 minutes when I'd had enough and told her to get out of the bathroom. She gave me the are-you-talking-to-me look, went over and got a little square of toilet paper (it would have been a whole wadded up roll had Miss Priss left more than just a little square), sat back down on the potty, wiped, and then stood up looking for a way to flush "her" toilet. I could barely contain my laughter. Then, with the same haughty look (what did I do to deserve that?), she stood on Miss Priss' little stool so that she could wash her hands.

I'm hoping that she'll be potty trained faster than Miss Priss, but I have every intention of procrastinating the way I did with Miss Priss until she figures it out herself. Maybe Miss Priss could help her. LOL

No comments: