Saturday, June 10, 2006

Yesterday....

did turn out to be a beautiful day as I suspected it would when I woke up. The girls behaved very well -- both of them. Which, of course, means they'll probably be little terrors today. LOL. I got my housecleaning done early, so I had all day to kind of laze around and play with the girls. I think I'll do my housecleaning early everyday. That was very relaxing. I even made dinner. Steak and baked potatoes and grilled corn. Now, around my house, it is no secret that I'm the world's worst cook (a fact I accept). So the fact that my meal last night turned out well (and not overdone) was a pleasant surprise. I did promise my daughter that we could make chocolate chip cookies today. Hmmm.....maybe I'll look up a low(er) fat chocolate chip cookie recipe. Does such a thing exist? Or maybe I'll decide that....hell....they're chocolate chip cookies, in order for them to taste good, they have to have all the fat. LOL. I noticed that the local grocery store had ice cream on sale for 3/$10 -- a phenomenal deal on the brand I buy. Here's how well I'm doing on my diet -- I walked right by it and told myself that there was no need for ice cream no matter how good the deal because it will mess up the progress I'm making. Never thought I'd see the day where I could pass up ice cream. But, it's true. If I buy ice cream, I'll eat it at least once a day (and a lot of it), so it's best just to keep it out of the house completely. Hope everyone has a great weekend! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, can I have some of your willpower? I am definately not doing as well as you are on your diet. My weakness is donuts, not ice cream, but I have a hard time passing them up when they are in front of me. Keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

Good job passing up the ice cream!

(I LOVE ice cream and am hooked on Breyer's light double churned -its awesome, in case you need a fix without all the fat/calories!! ;-)

Beth said...

yummy...chocolate chip cookies sound really good!!!!