Thursday, June 08, 2006

Why I Like Living in the Country....

There are science lessons all around you. I grew up in the country, and I credit that for my love of science and biology. For example, the baby birds to the left are actually on my front porch. Miss Priss and I watched as the Mommy and Daddy birds built the nest and then proceeded to watch over it. I assured her that there were eggs in it. Since it is about 12 feet to get up there, I didn't know for certain, but the fact that they spent every night huddled in the nest made me pretty sure. And, sure enough, two nights ago, I went out and saw the entire family of 6 crowded into the nest. During the day, Mommy and Daddy bird go eat mosquitoes and flies (or at least I hope they do -- someone told Hubby that those kinds of birds eat mosquitoes and flies). I took this picture this morning after they left. I don't wish to get attacked by any birds.

I am now 170.0 lbs. I have lost 13.6 lbs so far and am now down to my second mini-goal. The next mini-goal is 168. That was my pre-pregnancy weight with Miss Priss, and I haven't been that low since. The next mini-goal is to be 165.2. That will mean that I have lost 10% of my body weight. And then from there, it will be to get to 160. I can't remember when I was last 160. At least 4 or 4 1/2 years. This actually gets easier as it goes along.

Miss Priss is looking forward to moving. We have told her that she can go back to school a couple of days a week once we move, so now she keeps saying, "I want to go to school. I want to make new friends." My social little child. I know that pre-school will be so good for her. And now we don't have that whole potty-training issue holding us up (most pre-schools require them to be potty-trained coming in).

Baby Boo has decided that she wants our food. Two nights ago, we had fajitas. We were eating in the living room since our kitchen table was covered in laundry, so I sat my plate on the floor about 4 feet away from Baby Boo to go get a drink. Then I heard, "Honey, is Baby Boo supposed to be eating your fajita?"
She had rolled over to my plate, unrolled the tortilla, and had her grubby little hands all over my food. Last night, she did the same thing with my sandwich. I think she likes to feel the different textures.

No comments: