Friday, June 09, 2006

Another Reason

that I like living in the country. Waking up to mornings like this one. I woke up before the sun came up. You know, when the sky is that beautiful shade of blue before it's flooded with sunlight. Since we have no air conditioning (yes, Texas, in the summer, not a good idea), we've been leaving our window open at night so that the cool air can get in. This morning, I could hear the birds and crickets chirping. It makes me feel so calm and relaxed. It reminds me of when we would go camping when I was younger, and I would wake up in a tent with that same feeling. All it lacked this morning was the sound of someone putting the coffeepot on the camp stove. I miss camping. My dad's family used to go every year until people started getting too old. The children had so many committments over the summer, and the adults literally just couldn't quite handle sleeping in a tent for 3 or 4 days. I miss the family campouts, but once in a while, on a morning like this, I wake up and know it's going to be a beautiful day!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Sounds like a great morning!!! I love when you wake up and feel good and know it is going to be a good day!!