Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Ew, gross.....

I saw the grossest (is that a word?) thing that I can remember last night. I'm actually a little hesitant to write about it since it was in my house. So, if you're not in the mood for a "EWWWWWWWW, THAT IS SO NASTY!" read this morning, quit reading now.

Still reading? I warned you. Okay, for about 3 days now, the flies in my house have been really bad. Particularly in the kitchen. I went on a major cleaning spree (moving appliances to clean underneath) as well as super cleaning all my cabinets. I could not find the source of the flies. I found it last night.

I went to get laundry out of the dryer (my laundry room is attached to my kitchen), and saw the source. My cats live in the laundry room most of the time and have opened up the door to the crawlspace in the attic. They love to play up there, so we haven't bothered to close it back up. They had dragged a "present" down from the attic. About 3 or 4 weeks ago, we put down rat poison. We have lots of mice (that's what we get for living in the country), so we put it in a few select cabinets that Miss Priss cannot get into. Suddenly, we didn't have a rat problem anymore.

Last night in the middle of my laundry room floor was a dead mouse. And it was moving. Now, I'm not a girly girl who will run from things -- I'm not afraid of snakes, mice, bugs, spiders, etc. In fact, I'm the designated eliminator of all of the above. However, last night I ran from my laundry room practically screeching at my husband, "I found out where all of the flies are coming from! EW! EW! EWWWWWW!"

Hubby promptly took care of said mouse and the maggots that were causing it to move. Ew. Ew. Ew. It still makes my skin crawl. But, there are not as many flies this morning in my kitchen.

So, now that you've been sufficiently grossed out, have a great day!

2 comments:

overactive-imagination said...

Yep, you are right my dear...THAT was gross. Ew!! LOL
At least it's gone now.
Dawn

Sabrina said...

That's funny. My dh works for Terminix and one of his buddies from work came over yesterday to get some product for work that dh had for him. Garage door lifted and we found a dead mouse. I immediately ran out of the garage dry heaving. S was nice enough to pick it up for me and dispose of since they do that all day long at work! I can't stand dead animals!