Saturday, June 03, 2006

Reflection

Amanda asked me how I felt about this entire change of plans situation. Honestly, I am a little relieved. I hate to admit it, but there was a part of me that felt I was getting my hopes up for nothing and that there was no way that everything was going to come together right. I guess it was a gut feeling. I thought it was going to be daycare that wouldn't work out. Instead, it's some issues within our family that I don't really want to go into in such a public forum. If your curiousity is piqued, email me. I'll tell you what's going on. Anyway, it's been a very long week.

And since I'm a stress eater, I've gained almost half a pound. Actually, I'm quite proud of that. We made a visit to Hubby's parents' house, so that meant days of fast food and overeating. The fast food isn't really my fault. Because we live so far from civilization in a small town, there aren't many fast food options. So, when we go to "the big city," we tend to overindulge. What can I say? I love
Chick-fil-A. So, the fact that I didn't gain back all the weight I've lost is quite an accomplishment.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

You will always do what is right for you and your family. Plain and simple and if that means one of your gets a good education then I think that is great! Your turn will come and when it does the girls will be older and that should make it so much easier. Good luck Alison!

Jessica R. said...

I believe strongly in following your gut. However, that doesn't mean that you shouldn't hold on to your dreams, maybe some dreams are meant to mature a little before you get to fullfil them.
Good luck with everything!