Wednesday, November 23, 2005

What is it....

about being around family that always puts me in a fowl mood? I love my family, and I can't imagine spending Thanksgiving any other way than with them, but it always puts me on edge and ups my stress level.

That and the fact that my brilliant daughter can open the front door. As in, unlock it. When did she learn how to unlock doors? So, now I have to keep an extra close eye on her because she likes to go outside, and there's nothing to really stop her except for her fear of mommy. And that's a healthy fear.

She also knows where her timeout corner is at her great-grandparents house. That didn't take long to learn.

Most of my relatives aren't even here yet, but arriving today, so part of me is just on edge. I feel like I want to cry. Must be hormonal.

My grandparents house is a great house, but for some reason, I always feel a little anxious in it. Like I'm on the verge of a panic attack. Weird, huh? I can't explain it. Maybe it's because I first figured out what I was having when I had a panic attack at their house. So, now there's an association. I can't help but feel a little panicky.

And my main concern is the sleeping arrangements. I want the couch. My grandparents have this awesome couch that is so very comfortable. But my cousin likes to sleep on it. Well, he's not considerate enough to think of the pregnant insomniac who might want to sleep there and watch TV in the middle of the night. The computer room will have someone in it as well as the other TV room. Therefore, guess how much I can do when I wake up at 3AM unable to sleep. That's right. Nothing. Except lie in bed listening to the clock tick wishing I could go back to sleep.

So, tell me, if my cousin insists on sleeping on the couch in the living room, is it okay to wake my daughter up at 7:00AM and parade her through the living room making as much noise as possible? He's not really a morning person, so I'm thinking he wouldn't want to sleep on the couch the next night knowing that my precious daughter might get up early again. Is that wrong? My brain tells me no, but that could be the hormones talking. There's still a little common sense left that's saying that would be really mean and cruel, but the hormones are beating that part into submission.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I would want the couch too! Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!