Monday, September 12, 2005

Imagination

My daughter has quite a little imagination. Yesterday she was "fixing" my hair. This basically consists of her pulling really hard on my hair (thank goodness I'm not tenderheaded) and asking me over and over again if I want ponytails in my hair. If I reply yes, she starts "parting" my hair. In other words, she digs her little fingernails into my head to simulate the comb. It hurts for her to fix my hair, but she loves to do it, so I let her.

Yesterday, she was in the middle of pulling my hair into ponytails and asked me for a rubber band. She held her hand out for me to put it in. I put a pretend rubber band in her hand and tickled her palm with my fingernails. She laughed and went back to fixing my hair. Then she needed another rubber band. After I'd given her 4 rubber bands, I told her there were no more. If they're pretend, she'll never know when the supply runs out, right? Wrong. She looks around me to the coffee table in front of me, points, and says, "There more, Mama." My pretend stack had run out, but her pretend stack had replenished right in front of me. I love her little imagination.

Baby is doing well. Just 16 weeks, 6 days left until my due date. Wow! She's really moving around a lot. Enjoys kicking my bladder and stomach (simultaneously if she can manage it).

There are so many things I'm curious about this time around. Will she look like my daughter? Will they get along? Will she look more like her daddy? Will she be quiet and shy? Will she be my tall baby (my husband and I are both tall, and my daughter is relatively petite)? Will she be my chunky baby? Surely, she won't be just like her older sister. I can't wait to see her.

No comments: