Friday, September 16, 2005

Day 2

Well, night #2 went exceptionally well. I put her in bed after she started her little radio playing, and I left the room.

No crying.

Waited a few minutes -- still no crying. I was about ready to go in and check on her because there is no way that it could be that easy.

"I want my purple one. I want my purple one! I WANT MY PURPLE ONE!" Ah, there we go. I knew it would start. But that was where it ended. Just a simple statement proclaiming what she wanted. Asleep by 9:15.

You have no idea how excited I am. I can't believe she's doing so well. Now, I don't want to jinx myself because tonight can go very badly, but I think so far, so good.

What I'm really interested to see is what she does with Daddy. I think she'll try to pull the sweet little baby girl eyes with him. Which means that I will have to dispose of any pacifiers beforehand so that even if he wants to give in, he can't. That's not to say that he's going to try and give her one, but I'm going to make sure it's not an option.

I'm so glad that it's Friday. I have a doctor's appointment on Monday, so we'll see how much weight I've gained and how the little bugger is doing. I love hearing that little heartbeat.

3 comments:

Melody said...

I'm glad that taking that pacifier away is going so well.

Unknown said...

Yahoo! Sounds like all went well. I hope the weekend went just as well, and Daddy helped :)!

Anonymous said...

It's so funny, Danijela always asks for her purple one too. We are working our way to taking hers away too!