Friday, January 11, 2008

My Doctor's Appointment

After keeping very careful records of my blood pressure (which remains high), I went to the doctor this afternoon. And, of course, I forgot the page where I'd written them down.

So, the nurse took my blood pressure. 118/72. Of course. Because why would my blood pressure be as high as usual when I go to see the doctor about it. I was so surprised, and I hope I didn't offend her with my surprise, that she took it again in the other arm. 122/74 (must have been up from how surprised I was). Either way, it was a far cry from the 160/101 reading that I got yesterday at work. Hmmm.....

Either way, my doctor and I agreed that it is best that I stop taking Effexor (not cold turkey, obviously). She gave me samples to wean me off of it and hopefully, my blood pressure goes down with it. If not, I'm declaring that the damn machine at Walmart is really messed up! Anyway, she's checking my thyroid as well. We'll see if that is doing anything strange.

No comments: