Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Finally....

the pregnancy fairy has arrived. I've been feeling better the past couple of weeks, but I was afraid to say anything for fear of jinxing it.

My daughter was bitten at daycare yesterday. Didn't sign a thing. When I noticed it last night, I told my husband who told me to ask about it this morning. As expected, the teacher got defensive and assured me it didn't happen while she was there. I half expected her to ask if I was sure it happened at daycare. One of her little classmates has all of his/her teeth (so does my daughter for that matter). I'm not worried about the bite. Usually my daughter is the one doing the biting not the other way around, but I am worried when I don't have to sign anything. Did they notice that she was bitten? I mean, really. I feel pretty certain that she would have cried a lot about it. And I'm sure if asked what was wrong, she would have pointed to the bite mark on her calf (that's why I'm reasonable certain that she didn't bite herself). So, why didn't someone notice enough to write out the incident report? Since she is so often the biter, I don't mind signing that she got bitten. They don't have to worry about me being mad. So, we'll see if they have the form for me to sign today. I just want it on record with them. If they are going to record everytime that she bit someone, they are going to record that she was bitten.

I went home in a foul mood yesterday. I don't know why. I'm stressed. I need to get my daughter into the doctor to get a shot that is required for daycare. The great state of Texas decided at the end of July that all children should be vaccinated by September 1st. But they can't have the vaccination until they are 2 years old which gives me exactly 21 days to get it done since my daughter's birthday isn't until the 10th. So, of course, I'm doing it on the 31st because the note that daycare sent home said they had to have their hepatitis shot. No problem, she's already had that. Then, they get a little snippy and send home another note because she's only had the hepatitis B shot. Well, if they had said hepatitis A in the first note (which I reread and they did not), I would have gotten it done before the 31st of August. I'm going to be pissed if I have to pay my copay to get her shot. For her flu shot, I paid for it rather than send it through insurance because my copay was $20 and the shot was $10. Then, they sent it through insurance anyway and insurance paid for it. Um, hello! Why did we pay for that shot twice? I think they owe me one.

No comments: