Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Ranting and Raving.....

First, I am trying to cancel an very well known ISP (who is also known for being hard to cancel). They won't even talk to me much less cancel my account because I wasn't the one who signed up for it. Hubby did. Well, they're in for a treat -- he's going to make someone's day bad because I cancelled it about 4 months ago (or thought I did anyway, but I don't have a cancellation number sadly), but it keeps showing up on the credit card bill. The fact that I wasn't the "owner" of the account is probably why it didn't actually cancel. I guess we'll see what happens.

Secondly, our deep freeze went out again! It went out a couple of months ago, and we lost almost everything in it. We threw out so much meat (steaks, chicken, you name it) along with popcicles and frozen pizza and such. We had gotten to where we trusted it to hold frozen pizzas and little frozen dinners and stuff, but our main freezer with our fridge is packed full of meat -- just in case. And that case showed up two nights ago. Hubby was already in an I-don't-want-to-deal-with-anything mood, and then I noticed stuff leaking out the bottom. I was hoping that it was just a spill near the bottom, but no such luck. So, now we have a huge paperweight taking up lots of room in our laundry room.

And we'll probably get a new one with tax return. Speaking of tax return, our e-file got rejected by the IRS. For some problem with a social security number not matching up on one of the forms. Whatever! The stupid program filled that part in for us. However, after a little time with the people over at
H&R Block's TaxCut (<--I will recommend since they solved my problem), I got it sorted out, and the IRS has already accepted my return. And, to further recommend TaxCut, I would like to say that I emailed them with a question. I got their auto-reply email about how they'll get back to me in 24 hours, etc, but it was within 10 minutes. Now, that's what I call a response time. And I used their online chat feature to get help as well. Very nice, and the best part, of course, is that my taxes are good to go. Now we are just waiting on the refund.

So, back to the deep freeze. We'll get a new one. We just freeze too much stuff not to have one. This time, though, we'll be smart and get a Kenmore. I'm full of shameless advertising today, aren't I? Actually, we should get an owner loyalty discount from Kenmore. We have a Kenmore, fridge, stove, washer, dryer, microwave, and now a vacuum (our most recent appliance purchase). So, they could easily knock off a good 10-20%, right? Surely. As it was, we owned all Kenmore appliances except for our vacuum and our deep freeze. And both have gone out within the past couple of weeks. The vacuum just wasn't cutting it for keeping up with two kids who make messes, and well, I've already given you the deep freeze story. So, we got a Kenmore vacuum; all we need is the deep freeze.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your new appliances. I have had such a time with my dishwasher lately, so I am sympathetic!

And I've been reading your last few posts - I hope today is a better for you!