Monday, February 05, 2007

First, I want to say congratulations to Elise who had her baby girl over the weekend so that I wouldn't know about it until Monday. LOL Enjoy your time with your family of 4!

Second, I can now say that in my 5 months of riding the bus, I have now been on a bus that has broken down. I knew it was only a matter of time. With our hot summers, I thought it would be the hot weather that did it, but no. We were already running late and traffic was bad when we were stopped at a stoplight. Hubby called me to check on where I was, and I gave him the intersection. His response was, "That's it?!"

And I replied, "Yeah, and I think we might have a problem."

"Why?"

"Because the light is green and we're not moving."

We waited about half an hour before another bus came along to pick us up. I wonder how long the driver had to wait for the tow truck. That officially broke the record for the latest I've gotten home yet. 7:30. Well, 7:33 to be exact. It sucked. But, I pay $35/year for the bus pass, and I fill up my car with gas once a month, so taking the bus has saved me a lot of money (since parking passes are almost $200/year and I would have to fill up my gas guzzler at least once a week). So, I can't complain too much. Just a little.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO hubby takes the train to work. Most days anyway. Never any problems, and like you..the $$$ saved more than makes up for the time spent (especially since his company pays for the train pass as part of a campaign for carpooling and being environmentally friendly)..anywho. Two weeks ago, the train hit a car and they were stuck for an hour. It wasn't going very fast, so no one was hurt..but no one could even leave because of police reports! I even drove up there and they wouldn't let my husband leave! hehe. Oh well, I suppose it's been a year of taking the train and that is the first time we've had issues so thats not bad considering how often you get stuck in rush hour traffic when you drive due to a car accident..

learp17 said...

Hey,
Thanks so much for the congrats - we are doing great.

Elise