Monday, November 13, 2006

Trying not to worry.....

I found a lump under my arm. I actually found it earlier this year, but it went away, and I decided it wasn't worth getting looked at (especially when there was nothing to see). I will not politicize on what it's like to go without health insurance and make decisions based on whether or not I think it's serious, so suffice it to say, I have health insurance now, and this is the third time it's appeared, so I'm getting it checked out. Friday. I have to wait all week long. And I'm not sure if I'm hoping it will disappear again or stick around until Friday. I guess the overriding feeling is that I want it to go away. Preferably forever.

So, I'll ask all my questions then. My new doctor was highly recommended by two people in my office, so I hope I'll like him. I figured while I'm there, I'll get some birth control pills and some antidepressants. I think I'm getting post-partum depression about 10 months late. I don't know, but I haven't felt like myself in a long time, and it's time I do something about it. I'm really worried, though, what antidepressants will do to my weight. It will not help my depression to gain weight. We'll see.

So, please be thinking of me. And will someone please say, "Don't worry, it will be fine. Trust me." Because I'm trying really hard to believe that this is really nothing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree...most likely nothing at all...I'm glad you're getting it checked out...

Sunshine said...

I have a good friend who had found some crazy weird lumps going up her neck and also under her arm.
Then they sort of diminished in size and whatever.
Anyway, they told her that "cancer doesn't get smaller and go away" when she was freaking out waiting for test results to come back.
So, hopefully, you're just like that but I'm glad you're checking. Make sure you are taking care of yourself!!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you are having it checked out - I agree with everyone, I'm sure its nothing. After its done, you'll have piece of mind.

On the ADs - I was on Wellbutrin XL for 18 months and its actually an appetite suppressant. They prescribe it for people who are quitting smoking as well. Just a thought, if that is something that is worrying you (I was worred too about it - I was already at my heaviest when I started it.) The important thing though is to get well - being healthier mentally will help you physically.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it's nothing but it's good that you're getting it checked out.

Sabrina said...

I agree with everyone else with it's probably nothing. My mom had a scare that was fatty tissue (had a biopsy done)and I think breastfeeding you can have that too. I'll be thinking of you!

overactive-imagination said...

It really will be fine and I'm not saying that because you told me to.
You are doing what is best by recognizing the possibility of depression...and the lump and talking to your Dr about it.
Hang in there. I'll keep you in my thoughts.
Dawn