Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Is it Friday yet?

I’m so ready for this week to be over! I’m tired. I shouldn’t have stayed up late last night reading, but I started the book, and then I kept reading a few more pages and a few more pages until I had finished the book. I’ve read 14 books in the month of August and I’ll finish another one on the bus ride home today, so I’m averaging a book a day. I read fast, and I have an hour for lunch and anywhere from 2 to 3 hours of bus riding time to read everyday. So, I have 3 to 4 hours of reading time everyday. Plenty of time to read a 300 – 400 page paperback book (at least for me). I’ve recently started reading romance novels (something I swore I would never read). Sadly, I can’t seem to stop. I just keep reading them and finding more authors I like and reading those and on and on. I still read some of the other books that I like, but there are a lot of romance novels being read in my world.

Today I wore my little black (work) dress. I also call it my ego-boosting dress since last week when I wore it (for the first time to work), I got lots of appreciative looks. And when I was shopping after work for Miss Priss’ birthday presents, someone driving by whistled at me. Now, as a feminist, I have to disapprove of that kind of behavior, but as a 27 year old mother of 2 kids, I had to be flattered. LOL I haven’t been whistled at in a long time. So, I wore the dress even though my only pair of wearable heels that go with it are killing my feet (more from the blisters I got from yesterday’s shoes than these shoes in particular). So, I can feel physically good or mentally good. I chose mentally good this morning.

4 comments:

learp17 said...

There was a Friends episode where Joey was telling Phoebe something about how she had a nice ass and a great rack, and she got all googly-eyed and flattered, and then said, "Officially, I'm offended, but thanks!" I know exactly how she (and you) felt! I got carded at a bar recently, for the first time in about a million years, and that was pretty awesome, especially since it was shortly after having the baby and I was still feeling quite hag-like.

Anonymous said...

Im with ya on the fast reader thing... you go girl with the black dress!!! Im feeling particualy cowish right now...so its good to hear you are getting a few whistles!!! xo lyns

Sabrina said...

I wish I had the drive to read books like that! That's great! I'm just not motivated enough is my problem. lol Woo hoo on the dress! That whistle probably made you feel great I would imagine! ;)

Tuesday Girl said...

I am a fast reader too, but I cannot read in a car!