Saturday, April 26, 2008

Never would have thought.....

that we would be coming back from practically having the divorced filed, but it seems we have come a long, long way. He has applied for jobs nearby so that he could move back home, and we've been talking sooooo much. I realized that was what was lacking in our marriage before. I wouldn't really tell him if he was doing something that was pissing me off. I'm not sure what I was afraid of, maybe that he would leave, but having seen that I could make it on my own if I had to made me strong enough to realize that I can say what I want to him. What's the worst thing that could happen? We are making remarkable progress, and I actually think our marriage is stronger now than it has been in the past. Strange ways that things work out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is so great!! I'm so glad to hear that!!

Unknown said...

That's great Alison. I've been wondering about you and what was happening. I'm glad things seem to be working out!!

Anonymous said...

Wow is right!!! Im so glad that this is working out...I've been praying for both of you and the girls! Keep on communicating that is the key!!!! More soon!! xo lyns

learp17 said...

Hi Alison, I have been a little out of touch for the past couple of months and I wanted to check in. I am so glad to hear you are working things out. That is wonderful news. I hope it continues to go well. Good luck!!

Elise