Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Back From The Doctor

My appointment went well. We heard the heartbeat. I was a little freaked out at first because I couldn't hear it. I remember how strong and clear it was with my daughter. Of course, what I remember is the last part of my pregnancy with her.

The heartbeat was perfectly clear to Gwen. She finally asked me if I was hearing it. Uh, no. Don’t I look like I’m freaking out over here? She pulled the little speaker part closer, and I could barely hear the little whooshing sound (slower than my daughter's). I did clearly hear the pops when the baby kicked at the little thing, though. My daughter used to do that too.

This is the first appointment where I saw my doctor. He was so excited to see us (I can't believe he remembers us, but I've been assured by other patients of his that he actually does have a memory like that). He told us that a little over 2 years was a good age gap (not like we can change it now, so he might as well!).

I haven't gained any weight. Shocking, considering that I eat everything in sight and get very little exercise. My husband told me not to use that as an excuse to, ahe put it, "balloon."

I've been waiting for what seems like forever to hear that little heartbeat, so I am ecstatic! Now, I have to make a list of all the people that I need to tell! Let's see....grandparents, a couple of friends....hmmmm.....

Don't worry,
Dana. I'll get to you meme first thing tomorrow morning. I'll have to think about some of the cartoons I watched. I know I can definitely put down Jem.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Yeah you heard the heartbeat! That is awesome!

Unknown said...

That's FABULOUS! What great news - I know it's a myth, but maybe the slower heartbeat means a boy??? :)

And I know what you mean re: your previous post on updating your blog. I had every intention of updating it more often then I've been able too.

Again - I'm so happy for you!!!